Monday, April 16, 2007

Midterm Tomorrow

So this is how I spend the night before a midterm is due....avoiding it by talking about food. Hehehe. Anyways, just thought I'd make an amendment about my Jackie Chan's Kitchen post and say that I've found a BETTER batch of Sweet Potato fries at Ryan's Bar and Grill at Ward Center. The fries (though more expensive) are not too salty and have a special Jamaican Jerk Spice blend on them. These sweet potato fries also come with a dipping saucy that is creamy with a kick....an appetiser that goes perfectly with any fruity drink. My poison of choice...a combo of two of my favorite drinks, A Cosmo Bellini.

*******************


I spent Saturday evening at a Caledonian Society event with my step mother tasting 5 different blends of Johnnie Walker Scotch Whisky. The price range was from $25 dollars a bottle (I think) for the Red Label to $200 dollars for the Blue label. I actually prefered the Gold Label ($50 a bottle) to the most expensive Blue Label. It was smoother and had less of a bite going down.

Here's a picture of one of the members pouring the Blue Label:

1 comment:

buy research paper online said...

I think Gold Label — a blend of over 15 single malts. It was derived from Alexander Walker II's blending notes for a whisky to commemorate Johnnie Walker's centenary. His original efforts were thwarted by a shortage of these malts following World War I.